Pesto Baked Chicken Breast Stripswith roasted parmesan broccoli and leftover quinoa
You can still enjoy pesto outside of basil season. This baked chicken comes together so quickly with store-bought pesto and is a great shortcut meal for the busy holiday season.
Smarts: Double and bake up some more to use on salads, wraps, or pastas.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 2, sliced into strips
- Store-bought pesto - 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Leftover cooked quinoa - ~2 cups ((from Monday))
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped ((~1 head))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper - a sprinkle
- Parmesan cheese - 3 Tbsp, grated
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees. Situate racks so that you can fit both the chicken and broccoli in it.
- Cover baking dish with first part of the pesto. Lay chicken strips on top of the pesto, and then spread second part of pesto over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Next toss broccoli with cooking oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and some more black pepper. Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes, until parmesan is golden.
- Heat up leftover quinoa.
- Give chicken and broccoli a squeeze of lemon juice for some extra brightness, and enjoy with leftover quinoa.
This meal has 36 reviews
Broccoli was fabulous. Chicken was bland.
Good. I broiled the last few minutes with Swiss cheese on top.
Simple, easy and delish!
So easy to make that it will likely become a regular go to when I need a quick weeknight meal.
So yummy and easy. Even our kids are this meal.
So delicious and so easy!