Pesto Baked Chicken Breast Strips
with roasted parmesan broccoli and leftover quinoa
Smarts: Double and bake up some more to use on salads, wraps, or pastas.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 2, sliced into strips
- Store-bought pesto - 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Leftover cooked quinoa - ~2 cups ((from Monday))
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped ((~1 head))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper - a sprinkle
- Parmesan cheese - 3 Tbsp, grated
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees. Situate racks so that you can fit both the chicken and broccoli in it.
- Cover baking dish with first part of the pesto. Lay chicken strips on top of the pesto, and then spread second part of pesto over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Next toss broccoli with cooking oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and some more black pepper. Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes, until parmesan is golden.
- Heat up leftover quinoa.
- Give chicken and broccoli a squeeze of lemon juice for some extra brightness, and enjoy with leftover quinoa.
Broccoli was fabulous. Chicken was bland.0 Helpful
Good. I broiled the last few minutes with Swiss cheese on top.0 Helpful
Simple, easy and delish!0 Helpful
So easy to make that it will likely become a regular go to when I need a quick weeknight meal.0 Helpful
So yummy and easy. Even our kids are this meal.0 Helpful
So delicious and so easy!0 Helpful