Foil-Baked Mediterranean Tilapia
with baby spinach Mediterranean salad and quinoa
- Tilapia - 1 lb
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Lemon - 1/2, wedges
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Baby carrots - 2 oz, sliced
- Kalamata olives - 1/3 cup, pitted and sliced ((or choose your favorite olive variety))
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Feta - 4 Tbsp, crumbled
- Quinoa (for 2 meals) - 1 1/3 cups, uncooked ((yields ~4 cups cooked))
- Quinoa - This makes enough for Tuesday’s dinner. Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry.
- For fish | Garlic / Lemon - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - If prepping right before cooking, get fish prepped and in the oven first before returning to this and next prep step. Whisk together red wine vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and oregano with cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- For salad | Carrots / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Place fillets onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle with paprika, oregano, minced garlic, and some salt and pepper. Cover sheet pan tightly with foil and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- A few minutes before fish is done, toss dressing with baby spinach, carrots, olives, and feta.
- Serve fish with lemon wedges and salad and quinoa (remember to save half for tomorrow) on the side.
The fish was good, flavorful, moist but just OK. The salad was also OK. I liked the salad but my family didn't. I will keep the fish recipe. I may make it again some day but I'm in no rush.0 Helpful
So delicious and flavorful!! Loved this salad too! I was started to get tired of regular salad... But this Mediterranean Greek salad was yummy!0 Helpful
The salad was delicious & the quinoa pretty good, but the fish was just ok; not very flavorful, but we didn't have foil, so that could've been part of the flavor issue.0 Helpful
Fish was good but the meal overall wasn't really filling. Not memorable but got the job done.0 Helpful
It was great all together as a meal, but I struggled making the quinoa and maybe am not a big paprika fan. But I think the bones are great and I'll modify to our taste for the next round!0 Helpful
We grilled instead of baked and it was perfect.0 Helpful