Skillet Salmon with Pan Sauce
+ roasted thyme sweet potatoes (for 2 meals)
Smarts: Sweet potatoes cook up crispier and faster when you first steam them in the oven.
- Dried thyme - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut or Bragg's aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Salmon - 1 lb ((4 oz fillets = 1 serving))
- Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Sweet potatoes (for two dinners) - 2 1/2 lbs, chopped into 3/4" cubes
- Dried thyme - 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Sweet potatoes - This makes enough for Thursday’s meal. Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make salmon marinade - Mix together thyme, aminos, red wine vinegar, honey, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Cover salmon in marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 500F (260C) degrees. Spread sweet potatoes out into one even layer on a sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil and ‘steam’ for 10 minutes.
- After sweet potatoes have steamed for ~10 minutes, remove foil and toss potatoes with thyme and cooking oil. Return to oven and roast for another 10 to 12 minutes, until golden and crispy on the outside. Salt and pepper right out of the oven.
- While potatoes finish roasting, heat a non-stick pan (use one with a lid) over medium-high heat. Add salmon (keep the marinade) presentation side down (that’s the non-skin side) to heated pan. Sear for ~3 minutes and then flip.
- Pour in chicken stock and leftover marinade. Lower heat, cover with lid, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until salmon is done to your liking.
- Remove salmon from pan and simmer remaining liquids for another minute or two to form a quick pan sauce. If you want something richer, add some grass-fed butter at the end (not listed in ingredient list).
- Enjoy salmon with lemon wedges and the sauce made in the pan, plus roasted sweet potatoes on the side (remember to save half the sweet potatoes for Thursday).
yogurt was really the star here. added green beans to the potatoes for the second roast to have some veggies0 Helpful
Didn't know yogurt could taste so good with salmon and potatoes! I would probably just advise adding a bit more to the plate though lol. Some green veggies would make it even better!0 Helpful
I added roasted Bok Choy for some greens and it was delicious.0 Helpful
Wished it was paired with rice ;) but the potatoes turned out very tasty!0 Helpful
Thought the salmon and potatoes were kind of plain. Would have liked a veggie on the side to jazz it up.0 Helpful
Yay! The second salmon dish I have really liked!0 Helpful