Chard and Sausage Frittata
+ mixed green salad with sherry vinaigrette
Chard and Sausage Frittata:
- Onions - 1 , sliced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1/2 lb , quartered
- Pre-cooked sausage links - 2 , sliced ((choose your fave!))
- Chard - 1 bunch , chopped
- Large eggs - 8 , whisked
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Mixed Green Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette:
- Sherry or red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Onions / Mushrooms / Sausage - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chard - Wash thoroughly and then separate leaves from stems. Chop stems into 1/2" (0.75 cm) pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk with some salt and pepper.
- Make dressing - If prepping at dinner, get your frittata in the oven before returning to this step. Whisk vinegar, mustard, syrup, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then onions to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute for about ~5 minutes, until softened. Next add in mushrooms and chard stems, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, to let mushrooms soften.
- Add in chard leaves and toss through to let the heat wilt the chard. Pour in egg mixture and layer in sausage. Stir to mix everything through and then transfer to oven. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Toss dressing with mixed greens. Season to taste with more salt and pepper. Serve with your frittata!