with rotisserie chicken, corn, and potatoes
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Bacon - 8 slices, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Green onions - 3 stalks, chopped, white and green parts separated
- Onions - 1, diced
- Baby red potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, quartered
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken stock - 2 1/2 cups
- Adobo sauce (usually found with canned chipotle peppers) - 1 Tbsp
- Corn - 2 cups
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred. Use knife and fork or just hands. If making tomorrow night’s meal, you can shred it all. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Bacon / Garlic / Green onions / Onions / Potatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then bacon. Saute until the edges are golden and then set aside onto a paper towel lined plate to catch any fat. Keep ~1 tbs. (15 ml) of fat in the pot.
- Return pot back to medium-high heat. Add in garlic, white parts of green onions, and onions with a dash of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes. Stir in potatoes, stock, and adobo sauce. Cover and bring to a boil and then simmer covered for ~5 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup just a bit. You want to leave some of the potatoes but also puree some to thicken the soup without having to add any cream.
- Stir in corn and rotisserie chicken, and cook until warmed through, ~5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper (or more adobo sauce for a deeper smoky taste). Serve in bowls, garnished with bacon bits and chopped green onions.
I subbed out a lot of ingredients for what I had on hand (chicken yellow onion; leftover potato kugel, cauliflower, peas and carrots). Followed the general directions and it was a success.0 Helpful
This was really good and comforting. Wish we would have made enough for leftovers.0 Helpful
Good soup to add to our rotation.0 Helpful
There's two versions of this one, the other one has poblano peppers and zucchini in it. They are both really good. On the other one I did add extra broth base to give it a touch more flavor.0 Helpful
We used the original recipe but made it vegan with mock meats and veg stock. It was pretty easy to make and very yummy!0 Helpful
Made a large batch for freezer leftovers.0 Helpful