Crunchy Baby Spinach Salad with Pears and Celery
with leftover pureed squash and carrot soup
Smarts: If you've never cracked a pomegranate open, wear an apron to prevent any splashing! You can also substitute with craisins too.
- Shallots (small) - 1/2 bulb, diced
- Pomegranate seeds - 1/3 cup ((sub craisins / dried cranberries))
- Celery - 3 ribs, julienned
- Parsley - 6 sprigs, chopped
- Asian pears - 2, julienned
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Avocado - 1, cubed
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup, crushed
- Leftover butternut squash and carrot soup (from Tue) - 4 to 6 cups
- Whisk together shallots, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cube avocado.
- Toss vinaigrette with pomegranate, celery, pears, parsley, baby spinach, and walnuts. Top with avocado.
- Reheat leftover butternut squash soup.
- Enjoy your fall spinach salad with butternut squash soup on the side.
Really liked the pear and celery slaw. And I'm not really a fan of pears or celery.0 Helpful
Substitute chicken. I liked the pear and celery salad. Good crunch.0 Helpful
Pork was very god, slaw was AWESOME!, I topped the soup with almonds & blue cheese this time and was WAY more impressed with it (cheese will do that).0 Helpful
Loved the celery/pear slaw and I don't even like celery! Doubled the dressing and used the other half to marinate the pork. Came out very flavorful and ended up with its own "au jus" when took the foil off.0 Helpful
This was definitely a hit and very delicious. I opted for thick pork chops, which may make a difference here and they were cooked perfectly following the directions! I think the leftover soup actually tasted better on this night, especially with mixing in chopped pecans (no walnuts).0 Helpful
I don't usually like celery but I really liked the slaw with the pork. Great compliment of each other.0 Helpful