Pork Chops with Pear and Celery Slaw
with leftover pureed squash and carrot soup
You'll love this bright and refreshing pear and celery slaw over your hearty pork chops. Paired with your leftover soup, dinner will come together in a flash.
Smarts: A little bit of lemon juice can bring out the flavor of fruit and celery.
- Pork chops - 1 lb
- Celery - 3 ribs, julienned
- Parsley - 6 sprigs, chopped
- Asian pear - 1, julienned
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - for brushing
- Leftover butternut squash and carrot soup (from Tue) - 4 to 6 cups
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, crushed
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with some oil and then place pork chops on heated oil. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes. For thin pork chops, this should be enough heat to cook them through. If you’re using thicker pork chops, lower heat and cover with a piece of foil until pork reaches 145F(or 63C) degrees. When done, let pork rest for ~5 minutes before slicing.
- Reheat leftover butternut squash soup.
- Slice pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with pear and celery slaw. Enjoy with butternut squash soup on the side, with crushed walnuts sprinkled on top of soup. If the pork is dry in any way, use your soup as a ‘sauce.’
Really liked the pear and celery slaw. And I'm not really a fan of pears or celery.0 Helpful
Substitute chicken. I liked the pear and celery salad. Good crunch.0 Helpful
Pork was very god, slaw was AWESOME!, I topped the soup with almonds & blue cheese this time and was WAY more impressed with it (cheese will do that).0 Helpful
Loved the celery/pear slaw and I don't even like celery! Doubled the dressing and used the other half to marinate the pork. Came out very flavorful and ended up with its own "au jus" when took the foil off.0 Helpful
This was definitely a hit and very delicious. I opted for thick pork chops, which may make a difference here and they were cooked perfectly following the directions! I think the leftover soup actually tasted better on this night, especially with mixing in chopped pecans (no walnuts).0 Helpful
I don't usually like celery but I really liked the slaw with the pork. Great compliment of each other.0 Helpful