Mushroom and Corn Tacos with Chimichurri Sauceand orange and spinach salad with Asian vinaigrette
Your leftover chimichurri sauce gives some awesome flavor to these weeknight tacos. Paired with this sweet and savory salad, you have an awesome meal to end the week with.
Smarts: Chimichurri sauce freezes well, so freeze any leftovers and use within the year.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Red onions - 1/2, diced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Roma tomatoes - 2, diced
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Corn kernels - 1 1/2 cups
- Tortillas - 8
- Leftover chimichurri sauce - 1/3 cup ((prepared from last night))
- Garlic - 1 clove, crushed
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Oranges (medium) - 2, supremed or segmented
- Shallots (small) - 1 bulb, sliced
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Asian vinaigrette - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Prepare vinaigrette - Crush garlic. Whisk with soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- For tacos | Garlic / Red onions / Mushrooms - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- For salad | Oranges / Shallots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- For tacos | Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat up a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic and onions with a dash of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in mushrooms with soy sauce. Saute for ~5 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in corn and saute until corn is warmed through, another 3 minutes.
- Heat up tortillas according to package instructions.
- Dress oranges, shallots, and spinach with the Asian vinaigrette.
- Have everyone assemble their own tacos with the veggie filling, chimichurri sauce, and diced tomatoes. Enjoy with salad on the side.
This meal has 32 reviews
The sauce is by far the best part of the recipe! So delicious!
I felt like I should have liked this, but we ended up dumping the steak out of the tortilla and eating it without. I think it maybe needed to be cut smaller in the taco?
Very good! I added cubed avocado to the taco and made a sriacha mayo for my husband as a sauce since he hates cilantro. Great that way too!
Basically I'm rating the sauce. I used this sauce (so good) on salmon and chicken. We grilled it then served in warm tortillas with the extra sauce. A small shake of hot sauce really gave it a nice extra kick.
One of my favorite meals!! I would suggest adding sesame seeds to the salad.
Chimichurri is epic, but steak wasn't my favorite flavor for flank/skirt steak. We didn't have tortillas so we made more cauliflower rice and finished off all of our sauce.