Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauceand orange and spinach salad with Asian vinaigrette
Your leftover chimichurri sauce gives some awesome flavor to these weeknight tacos. Paired with this sweet and savory salad, you have an awesome meal to end the week with.
Smarts: Chimichurri sauce freezes well, so freeze any leftovers and use within the year.
- Flank or skirt steak - 1 1/4 lb
- Homemade Asian vinaigrette - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Roma tomatoes - 2, diced
- Cooking oil - for brushing
- Tortillas - 8
- Leftover chimichurri sauce - 1/3 cup ((prepared from last night))
- Garlic - 3 cloves, crushed
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp
- Oranges (medium) - 2, supremed or segmented
- Shallots (small) - 1 bulb, sliced
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Asian vinaigrette - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Prepare marinade / dressing - Crush garlic. Whisk with soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate steak - Cover steak in the Asian vinaigrette (remember, you’re also using some for the salad too). Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. Just remember to take it out 30 minutes before cooking. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- For salad | Oranges / Shallots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- For tacos | Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat up a grill pan over high heat. Brush with some cooking oil. Once pan is super hot, place steak onto pan and sear on both sides for ~3 minutes. Remove from pan, cover with foil and let rest. For a more well-done steak, turn down heat and cook for a few more minutes.
- Heat up tortillas according to package instructions.
- Slice steak into bite sized pieces.
- Dress oranges, shallots, and spinach with remainder of the Asian vinaigrette.
- Have everyone assemble their own tacos with steak, chimichurri sauce, and tomatoes. Enjoy with salad on the side.
This meal has 32 reviews
Really enjoyed the side salad. Tacos could have used a little something extra, some sort of kick.
Too salty. Love the Chimichurri sauce though.
Best meal we have made!! So good and SO EASY!
This was great with homemade tortillas. My husband and I are loving the chimichurri! The meat didn't seem to pick up much flavor from the marinade, but the sauce made up for it. Next time we'll add some chopped red onion. Also, didn't try the salad because we forgot to pick up spinach. Next time..
Everyone loved this one. I had to make chimichurri sauce from scratch because we couldn't find it anywhere. I may never try to buy it - it's easy to make, and the fresh parsley makes it so great.
We added Mexican spices and some feta to the finished product. Overall, quick and tasty.