Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauceand orange and spinach salad with Asian vinaigrette
Your leftover chimichurri sauce gives some awesome flavor to these weeknight tacos. Paired with this sweet and savory salad, you have an awesome meal to end the week with.
Smarts: Chimichurri sauce freezes well, so freeze any leftovers and use within the year.
- Flank or skirt steak - 1 1/4 lb
- Homemade Asian vinaigrette - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Roma tomatoes - 2, diced
- Cooking oil - for brushing
- Tortillas - 8
- Leftover chimichurri sauce - 1/3 cup ((prepared from last night))
- Garlic - 3 cloves, crushed
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp
- Oranges (medium) - 2, supremed or segmented
- Shallots (small) - 1 bulb, sliced
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Asian vinaigrette - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Prepare marinade / dressing - Crush garlic. Whisk with soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate steak - Cover steak in the Asian vinaigrette (remember, you’re also using some for the salad too). Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. Just remember to take it out 30 minutes before cooking. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- For salad | Oranges / Shallots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- For tacos | Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat up a grill pan over high heat. Brush with some cooking oil. Once pan is super hot, place steak onto pan and sear on both sides for ~3 minutes. Remove from pan, cover with foil and let rest. For a more well-done steak, turn down heat and cook for a few more minutes.
- Heat up tortillas according to package instructions.
- Slice steak into bite sized pieces.
- Dress oranges, shallots, and spinach with remainder of the Asian vinaigrette.
- Have everyone assemble their own tacos with steak, chimichurri sauce, and tomatoes. Enjoy with salad on the side.
This meal has 32 reviews
Added black beans for protein. Good flavors.
Not a huge fan of the sauce, but the steak was good. I actually put it on a salad with the asian vinegarette instead of on the taco.
Better with a little hot sauce too.
I did not love the tacos, but they weren't bad (just not the flavors I am a fan of). Though, the dressing for the salad was so delicious and with the combination of the fruit made the salad perfect. Giving this 5-stars because I am saving the recipe for the dressing.
Thought this was really good! The chimichurri sauce is particularly flavorful!
Yummy! Yummy! We loved the marinade and the chimichurri!