Chicken, Zucchini, and Spinach Saute
with sweet potato sauce
- Chicken breasts - 2, chopped ((boneless, skinless))
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Zucchini - 1 lb, sliced at a bias
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Leftover pureed sweet potato soup - 1 1/2 cups ((<a href="https://mealplans.cooksmarts.com/days/322" target="_blank">prepared from last night</a>))
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute for ~4 minutes.
- Next add in zucchini with garlic and cook until zucchini is tender but still crunchy, 5 to 6 minutes.
- While zucchini is cooking, heat up leftover pureed sweet potato soup in a smaller saucepan or in the microwave (your microwave may have a soup reheat setting that you’ve never used before, so check).
- Toss in spinach. Turn off heat and let the heat of the chicken and vegetables wilt the spinach. Finish with lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use the leftover soup as the ‘sauce’ for your chicken saute. Enjoy!
I would add bacon next time0 Helpful
I think I need to try making this one again. I used store bought sweet potato soup to save some time. I bet this tastes way better if I would have made the recipe in its original form. It's worth another try!0 Helpful
I should have read the reviews. In its original state the recipe is VERY bland with little to no flavor.0 Helpful
Nothing special, but not bad either. Not sure I liked the nuts.0 Helpful
Added cheese based on other comments and it was great!0 Helpful
Loved it. Very unique.0 Helpful