Leftover Chili Nachoswith house salad
These homemade nachos will put ballpark nachos to shame! With your chili already made, tonight's dinner is a cinch.
Smarts: Drain your leftover chili so that you don't get soggy nachos.
- English cucumbers - 1/2, chopped ((Or sub 2 Persians))
- Roma tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Jalapenos - 1, sliced thinly ((Remove seeds for less heat))
- Green onions - 1 stalk, sliced thinly
- Mexican blend cheese - 6 oz, grated
- Leftover chili - 4 cups, drained
- Tortilla chips - 5 oz
- Sour cream (opt) - for serving
- Jalapenos / Green onions / Cheese - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Leftover chili - Ladle leftover chili into a mesh strainer, draining out liquid. Let sit for ~10 minutes. This will ensure non-soggy nachos.
- Heat oven to 350F (177C) degrees.
- Spread chips out into one layer on a sheet pan. Ladle drained chili over chips. Sprinkle on jalapenos, green onions, and cheese. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- While nachos are cooking, whisk together balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon, and cooking oil (if not already done). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with cucumbers, tomatoes, and mixed greens.
- Enjoy nachos piping hot with salad on the side. Feel free to garnish nachos with sour cream.
This meal has 14 reviews
It was so good
Great way to use chili leftovers without getting tired of it!
I still loved the chili, but was not a fan of the cauliflower "mashed potatoes". My husband said he thought is was pretty good, but I was not a fan. I love roasted cauliflower, but for some reason, this just had a different flavor that I didn't care for.
Very satisfying Friday-night nachos. My husband particularly loved them because we don't get nachos in Switzerland. So fast to prepare too! I hate cooking on Friday evenings, but knew this would be perfect.
I would make this again.
You just can't go wrong with nachos!