Parmesan & Panko Crusted Dover Sole
with roasted parmesan broccoli
Dover sole is a lovely, delicate fish and we give it a punch of flavor and texture with panko and parmesan. Enjoy with a side of parmesan broccoli for an easy dinner.
Smarts: Most of the work with breading is just getting all the breading bowls together, so just scale this recipe. The extra fish will freeze beautifully.
- Dover sole fillets - 1 lb ((Sub other white fish like tilapia or cod))
- Parsley - 4 sprigs, chopped
- Egg - 1
- Water - 2 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1 cup
- Parmesan - 1/2 cup, grated
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon - 1, juice of
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Broccoli - 1 lb ((~1 head))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper - a sprinkle
- Parmesan - 3 Tbsp, grated
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Parsley - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Broccoli - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Prepare breading dishes - Whisk egg with water in one baking dish. Combine parsley, panko, parmesan, oil, salt, and black pepper in another baking dish.
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees. You’ll be roasting two sheet pans, so get 2 oven racks situated.
- Toss broccoli with cooking oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper on sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and some more black pepper. Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes, until parmesan is golden.
- While broccoli is roasting, prepare fish. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly brush with some cooking oil. Dip fillets into egg wash and then into panko and parmesan breading. Place onto sheet pan. Roast fish for 12 minutes, until golden.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over fish and broccoli right out of the oven. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Easy and delish!0 Helpful
Not great, not bad.0 Helpful
add another veg or potatos on side to make it more filling0 Helpful
Really liked the crust and the cheesy broccoli. Easy to make.0 Helpful
Really good and simple. Took no time at all and made for good leftovers!0 Helpful
Everyone loved this one including my 3 & 4 year old. I used tilapia that was on sale so made a double batch and freezed 1/2 as recommended. Very glad I did!0 Helpful