with leftover roasted cauilflower
Tuesday's cauliflower and beans gives this chopped salad a lot of texture, flavor, and heartiness. And because it's done, this entree salad comes together in a flash.
Smarts: Pack this up for lunch in a jar. Put the dressing at the bottom and stack ingredients with the lettuce on top so it doesn't touch the dressing (we don't want it to wilt!).
- Red peppers - 1 , diced or chopped
- Pistachios - 1/2 cup , shelled
- Cucumbers - 1 , chopped ((Or sub 2 Persian cucumbers))
- Romaine hearts - 2 , sliced
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp ((Like grapeseed, avocado, vegetable))
- Leftover roasted cauliflower and beans - 3 to 4 cups
- Leftover quinoa - 1 1/2 cups
- Feta - 1/2 cup , crumbled
Red peppers / Pistachios / Cucumbers / Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed. For pistachios, if you want them lightly crushed in your salad, put them in a Ziploc bag, close the bag, and then roll a rolling pin over the bag a few times. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, and oil. Remember to season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Warm up leftover roasted cauliflower and beans (~20 seconds will do).
Toss leftover cauliflower and beans with quinoa, red peppers, pistachios, cucumbers, lettuce, and vinaigrette. Top with crumbled feta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.