with leftover chicken
Tuesday's chicken gives this chopped salad a lot of texture, flavor, and heartiness. And because it's done, this entree salad comes together in a flash.
Smarts: Pack this up for lunch in a jar. Put the dressing at the bottom and stack ingredients with the lettuce on top so it doesn't touch the dressing (we don't want it to wilt!).
- Red peppers - 1 , diced or chopped
- Pistachios - 1/2 cup , shelled
- Cucumbers - 1 , chopped ((Or sub 2 Persian cucumbers))
- Romaine hearts - 2 , sliced
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp ((Like grapeseed, avocado, vegetable))
- Leftover crusted chicken - 2 , chopped
- Leftover broccoli - ~3 cups ((Made on Monday))
Red peppers / Pistachios / Cucumbers / Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed. For pistachios, if you want them lightly crushed in your salad, put them in a Ziploc bag, close the bag, and then roll a rolling pin over the bag a few times. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, and oil. Remember to season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Chop leftover chicken into bite-sized pieces. Slightly warm chicken and broccoli in the microwave (~20 seconds).
Toss leftover chicken and broccoli with red peppers, pistachios, cucumbers, lettuce, and vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.