with leftover chicken
Tuesday's chicken gives this chopped salad a lot of texture, flavor, and heartiness. And because it's done, this entree salad comes together in a flash.
Smarts: Pack this up for lunch in a jar. Put the dressing at the bottom and stack ingredients with the lettuce on top so it doesn't touch the dressing (we don't want it to wilt!).
- Red peppers - 1, diced or chopped
- Pistachios - 1/2 cup, shelled
- Cucumbers - 1, chopped ((Or sub 2 Persian cucumbers))
- Romaine hearts - 2, sliced
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp ((Like grapeseed, avocado, vegetable))
- Leftover panko-crusted chicken - 2, chopped
- Leftover quinoa - 1 1/2 cups
- Feta (opt) - 1/2 cup, crumbled
- Red peppers / Pistachios / Cucumbers / Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed. For pistachios, if you want them lightly crushed in your salad, put them in a Ziploc bag, close the bag, and then roll a rolling pin over the bag a few times. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, and oil. Remember to season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chop leftover chicken into bite-sized pieces. Slightly warm in the microwave (~20 seconds).
- Toss leftover chicken with quinoa, red peppers, pistachios, cucumbers, lettuce, and vinaigrette. Top with feta if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very delicious, healthy and easy.0 Helpful
This is the rare entree salad that truly had enough protein to fill me up. The dressing was absolutely delicious, too.0 Helpful
My new favorite salad dressing with my new favorite chicken!0 Helpful
Good, easy dinner made from leftovers. I'd definitely make the chicken again so I'd make this again with the leftovers!0 Helpful
Substituted peanuts for pistachios because it's a little cheaper. Added: tomato, kalamata olive, feta, herbs de Provence - had on hand and decided to go a little Greek. Left out maple syrup. balsamic vinegar is actually sweet enough for me. Husband said it was the best salad he's ever had. Disagree with Faith reviewer, this salad was delicious, came together fast, and used leftovers perfectily. Great to end the week with.0 Helpful
We absolutely loved this salad! It was so easy to throw together at the end of the week. The flavors were awesome and we will definitely be making it again.0 Helpful