Cumin Lamb Kebabs
with Greek Salad
Smarts: Store-bought baba ghanoush provides an easy sauce for weeknight proteins - shortcuts are totally okay!
- Leg of lamb - 1 lb
- Coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Skewers - 8 to 16 ((If using flat skewers, you'll just need 1 / kebab))
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Store-bought baba ghanoush - 1 cup
- Romaine hearts - 1 1/2, chopped
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dried oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Stevia - 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Avocado (medium) - 1, cubed
- Lamb - Slice into cubes. Marinate in aminos, first part of cooking oil, and first part of cumin. Tenderize the meat with a fork to make sure there are pores for that flavor to seep in. Thread lamb pieces through skewers. If using round skewers, use two / kebab - it’ll make flipping a lot easier.
- Romaine lettuce / Shallots / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together lemon juice, dried oregano, Dijon mustard, stevia, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Add second part of cooking oil and then kebabs to heated oil. Grill on each side for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, rotating through all 4 sides. Remove from heat and let rest for ~5 minutes. For more well-done meat, cover with 2 layers of foil when you remove kebabs from the grill pan. They'll cook some more (this is called carryover cooking).
- Sprinkle kebabs with second part of cumin and some salt and pepper.
- Cube avocado. Toss avocado, lettuce, shallots, and tomatoes with vinaigrette. Enjoy kebabs with salad and baba ghanoush.
I liked this. Felt like it took a while, but the result was good. i made hummus rather than the Baba Ghanoush.0 Helpful
These were pretty tasty! Don't know if I liked them enough to make again, though. I swapped the baba ghanoush for a tzatziki sauce.0 Helpful
This was a pretty good dish overall. The falafels turned out pretty well. Hummus and pita are always a good combination!0 Helpful
It needed something that I couldn't put a finger on...0 Helpful
I added in some fresh lemon juice into the mix0 Helpful
Our falafel came out pretty dry.0 Helpful