Salmon Tacoswith mango and cucumber salsa
Chopped mangos and cucumbers make up this sweet and refreshing salsa. Served on top of salmon, this is the perfect summer accompaniment for any protein. Vegetarians will sub tofu and the paleo version will go taco-less
- Salmon - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Limes - 2 Tbsp, juice
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Sweetener - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mangos - 2, cubed
- Red onions - 1 small, diced
- Persian or English cucumbers - 1/2 lb, cubed
- Jalapenos - diced, 1
- Basil - 2 sprigs, sliced
- Tortillas - 8
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Position top rack ~6 inches (15 cm) from broiler and preheat broiler
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and broil for 6 minutes per half inch (1.25 cm) (measuring from thickest part)
- Prep mangos, red onions, cucumbers, jalapenos, and basil. Toss with remainder of the sauce
- Heat up tortillas according to package instructions. Break up cooked salmon with a fork. Let everyone assemble their own tacos with salmon, salsa, and lime wedges
This meal has 8 reviews
got compliments from the whole family perfect of this weather!
I took tips from other reviewers and decided to go with mahi mahi over salmon. Turned out great! I really liked the mango cucumber salsa. It gave the meal a wholly different flavor profile than the steak guacamole tacos we made last week.
Really good. Per usual, I didn't make it exactly as directed, I hate cucumbers so I left those off, subbed pineapple for the mango, and added avocado. Tasted great. I will say that the salmon took a long time to cook so this took longer than 30 min.
Mango salsa in this recipe is out of this world. If you want your guests to love you, make the salsa with some extra jalapeno and serve it with chips. The tacos themselves are good, but I would probably use a less hearty fish than salmon, as it kind of fights against the other ingredients. I thought the talapia tacos (from another meal plan) were better for a number of reasons - including the texture of the slaw and the softer fish. But the salsa - the salsa!
Good dish! Everything went well together.
Didn't care for the salmon with the tortilla. Not really a fan of the chunky salsa, but loved it over the plain salmon after it was pureed.