Stir-fried Udon Noodles
with eggs, broccoli, and carrots
This dish has been one of our community's favorites because you can never go wrong with veggie and noodles! We crack a few eggs into this noodle dish for some extra protein.
Smarts: Use this noodle dish as a cooking formula for other noodle dishes. Swap up the veggies, and you've got something completely different!
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Corn starch - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Green onions - 3 stalks, chopped, white and green parts separated
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Carrots - 1 lb, sliced thinly
- Udon noodles - 1/2 lb ((Look for these in the ethnic aisle))
- Eggs - 4
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Whisk eggs.
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds. This just helps the broccoli cook way faster later.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add in oil and then garlic, white parts of green onions, and carrots to heated oil with a sprinkle of salt. Cook for ~5 minutes, until carrots are tender but still crunchy.
- Push carrots to the side and then add in eggs. Lightly scramble.
- While the eggs are still runny, toss in broccoli, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until broccoli is cooked through, tender but with a crunch still.
- Add noodles, and then push all ingredients to the side forming a donut in the middle of the wok. Give stir-fry sauce a stir and then pour it into your donut. Once it starts to bubble and darken, toss until everything is coated. Finish with lemon juice and season to taste with more soy sauce or even hot sauce (like Sriracha). Divide into bowls and top with green parts of green onions.
Yummy! Good basic -- makes a ton! Best to find the right noodles (Udon).0 Helpful
Could have used a little more flavor, but besides that it was really good0 Helpful
Very bland. It really needed the hot sauce. I added an extra egg and more lemon juice. This is the fourth meal I have made and each included sugar or maple syrup. That is not necessary and unhealthy.0 Helpful
For the marinade, instead of regular soy sauce I used liquid aminos, and I cut the fish sauce altogether but added a bit of Worcestershire sauce in its place. If I made it again I'd use 2 eggs. But overall it was quite good!!0 Helpful
Loved the colors. Would have liked a tiny bit more sauce.0 Helpful
This was the bomb.com0 Helpful