with broccoli and carrots
Learning how to make an easy stir-fry is a must for any home cook. See how our tasty sauce ties together chicken, broccoli, and carrots into a healthy and quick weeknight dish.
Smarts: Make sure to season and tenderize your chicken with some salt and pepper. It makes a huge difference in the taste of the meat.
- Coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp ((Or use Bragg's))
- Fish sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Green onions - 3 stalks, chopped, white and green parts separated
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced thinly
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds. This just helps the broccoli cook way faster later.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add in first part of oil and then chicken to heated oil. Toss and cook until golden on the outside and cooked in the inside (just slice a piece open to tell). Remove from wok and set aside.
- Return wok to medium heat. Add in second part of oil and then garlic, white parts of green onions, and carrots to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute for ~5 minutes, until carrots are mostly cooked through.
- Toss in broccoli and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes until all veggies are cooked through, tender but still with a crunch.
- Return chicken (and all the juices) to the wok with second part of aminos and rice vinegar. Toss until everything is coated. Finish with lemon juice, and season to taste with more aminos or even hot sauce (like Sriracha). Serve with green parts of green onions.
Yummy! Good basic -- makes a ton! Best to find the right noodles (Udon).0 Helpful
Could have used a little more flavor, but besides that it was really good0 Helpful
Very bland. It really needed the hot sauce. I added an extra egg and more lemon juice. This is the fourth meal I have made and each included sugar or maple syrup. That is not necessary and unhealthy.0 Helpful
For the marinade, instead of regular soy sauce I used liquid aminos, and I cut the fish sauce altogether but added a bit of Worcestershire sauce in its place. If I made it again I'd use 2 eggs. But overall it was quite good!!0 Helpful
Loved the colors. Would have liked a tiny bit more sauce.0 Helpful
This was the bomb.com0 Helpful