Vietnamese Tofu Summer Rolls
Pineapple Banana Smoothie:
- Pineapple - 1/2 , chopped
- Bananas - 2
- Frozen strawberries - 2 cups
- Coconut milk - 1 cup ((Or sub plain yogurt))
Vietnamese Tofu Summer Rolls:
- Rice vermicelli noodles - 4 oz ((Find these thin rice noodles in the ethnic aisle. If you can't find them, substitute with another thin noodle))
- Leftover tofu - 1 lb , sliced
- Cucumbers - 2/3 lb , sliced into matchsticks
- Green lettuce - 4 leaves , torn
- Rice papers - 16 sheets ((You will probably make about 4 to 6 / person. Look for them in the ethnic aisle))
- Leftover grated carrots - 1 cup ((~1 carrot))
- Leftover nuoc nam - 1 cup
- Cook rice noodles - Cook according to package instructions. If wrapping summer rolls on the same day, keep the noodles in cold water until you’re ready to wrap. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tofu - Slice leftover tofu into sticks. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Green lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Make smoothie - Blend pineapple with bananas, strawberries, and coconut milk (or yogurt). If it’s not sweet enough for you, you can sweeten it with honey, Stevia, or sugar. Refrigerate until serving. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Fill a frying pan with about 1 ½” (3.75 cm) of water. Heat water over medium-low heat - it shouldn't be so hot that you can’t touch it.
- Dip rice paper into water and rotate through water (make sure to watch this video because it can be a bit tricky to prevent the rice paper from sticking). Place onto a plate. Do 4 at a time and then assemble 4 rolls.
- To assemble rolls, layer lettuce, noodles, carrots, cucumbers, and tofu at the end of the rice paper that is close to you. Don’t over-fill or the paper will break. Fold rice paper over the filling from the bottom up. Then fold sides over. Roll as tightly as possible (Again, watch the video, which is much better than my description).
- Repeat until done. Assemble until you have no more filling.
- Enjoy rolls dipped with nuoc nam sauce, and smoothie on the side!