Sriracha Ramen Saladwith chicken / tofu, carrots, and broccoli
We've noticed that you all love anything Asian noodles, so we're bringing you this cold Ramen (or zucchini noodle) salad to end the summer with. Grill up some proteins and toss this tasty vinaigrette with some veggies, and you have a great weeknight dinner or even a picnicking dish.
Smarts: Save time by doubling your dressings and making them a marinade as well.
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 6 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts - 2, halved
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped
- Carrots - 2, grated
- Broccoli - 1 head, chopped
- Ramen noodles - 6 oz
- Lime - 1/2, juice of
- Sriracha - to taste
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Make marinade - Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cooking oil.
- Chicken - Halve chicken and cover in half the marinade. Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Green onions / Carrots / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crunchy. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook ramen - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add ramen (or other noodles). Cook according to package instructions. Drain. Use scissors to snip up ramen into shorter more bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- If making chicken on the grill: Preheat grill to 500 degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean grates and add chicken breast halves to higher heat part. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes (keeping cover closed). Move to lower heat and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through) with cover closed.
- If making chicken on the stovetop: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot grill pan and sear for ~3 minutes on both sides. Lower heat and then cover with foil, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rest chicken for ~5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss remainder of marinade with ramen, green onions, carrots, broccoli, and chopped chicken. Finish with lime juice. Season to taste with Sriracha, salt and pepper.
This meal has 24 reviews
Quick and easy! Loved the Sriracha.
So filling and delicious, the sauce made the whole dish =)
Matt liked this one a lot, I thought it was just like all the other noodle dishes
Great to keep cold in fridge for lunches!
Used leftover broccolini instead of broccoli! Also my grocery store had pre-marinated vacuum-packed tofu so I used the "Asian" option. Tried marinating it for just five minutes in the dressing from this recipe but I do think that was over the top--it was SUPER savory and a little saltier than I would've liked. Live and learn! In my opinion, half a pound of tofu for 2 servings was rather too much. Now I have a bunch of sauteed "Asian" tofu waiting for a recipe...but with the archives at hand, surely will find somewhere to put it! Garnished the dish with cilantro and chopped peanuts in addition to the squeeze of lime, and stirred some of the garlic-chili sauce made by the Sriracha company into the dish while stir frying (rather than adding sauce to the salad when finished), all of which worked really well.
Quick, easy & delicious dinner! And different too!