Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
with arugula and feta salad
Mediterranean Grilled Cheese:
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices
- Fontina - 8 slices (Or use Swiss, mozzarella)
- Homemade roasted eggplant and red pepper pesto (leftover from Monday) - 1/2 cup + more for dipping
Arugula and Feta Salad:
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Cheese, feta (opt) - 2 oz
- Butter one side of each piece of bread with about 1/2 tbsp of butter each. Lay out bread buttered-side down. Layer with cheese, pesto, cheese and top with bread, buttered-side up. Continue until all sandwiches are made.
- Heat up a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Flip once the first side is golden, ~ 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Dress arugula in vinaigrette and garnish with feta (if using).
- Enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches with salad on the side.