Lamb Patty with Mediterranean Pesto
and arugula salad
Lamb Patty with Mediterranean Pesto:
- Parsley - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Lamb, ground - 1 1/4 lbs
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Homemade roasted eggplant and red pepper pesto (leftover from Monday) - 1 cup
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Walnuts - 1/3 cup
- Make patties - Chop parsley. Mix ground lamb with chopped parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Divide into 3” (7.5cm) wide and ¾” (1.875cm) thick patties. Cover and refrigerate if not grilling within 30 minutes. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- If making burgers on the grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees. Brush grill grates with oil and then place patties over direct heat. Grill on opposite sides for ~4 minutes each with cover closed.
- If making burgers on stovetop / oven: Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees. Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush pan with some oil and then place patties on heated oil. Sear on each side for ~2 minutes. Transfer to oven and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until lamb reaches 160F (71C) degrees.
- Cover patties with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- While patties are resting, whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dress arugula and walnuts in vinaigrette.
- Warm up pesto as needed. Enjoy patties with pesto and arugula salad on the side.