Lamb and Feta Burger
with arugula salad
Smarts: Burger patties freeze well so you can easily double this recipe, grill them up and then freeze individual cooked patties.
- Parsley - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Ground lamb - 1 1/4 lbs
- Feta - 1/4 cup
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Burger buns - 4 ((Or try slider buns or even English muffins))
- Homemade roasted eggplant and red pepper pesto - 1 cup
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Feta (opt) - 2 oz
- Make patties - Chop parsley. Mix ground lamb with chopped parsley, feta, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Divide into 3” (7.5 cm) wide and ¾” (1.9 cm) thick patties. Cover and refrigerate if not grilling within 30 minutes. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- If making burgers on the grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees. Brush grill grates with oil and then place patties over direct heat. Grill on opposite sides for ~4 minutes each with cover closed. Buns can be toasted on grill for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- If making burgers on stovetop / oven: Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees. Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush pan with some oil and then place patties on heated oil. Sear on each side for ~2 minutes. Transfer to oven and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until lamb reaches 160F (71C) degrees. Toast buns in the oven for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cover patties with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- While patties are resting, whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dress arugula in vinaigrette.
- Warm up pesto as needed. Assemble burgers with patties, pesto, and a small handful of arugula. Enjoy with rest of the arugula salad on the side. Garnish with some feta (if using).
Maybe less maple syrup in the dressing but overall VERY good0 Helpful
Perfect in juiciness and flavor! The pesto added to it but was not necessary if you don't have time to make it separately. The salad was also delicious -- we added an heirloom tomato we had on hand.0 Helpful
I loved the pesto and the burgers were very flavorful. We seared and finished in the oven, they came out great.0 Helpful
This is by far my favourite recipe. Ive made it at least half a dozen times. We even made it for the in laws who are super picky and they loved it too.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed my first foray into lamb burgers. Also loved the dressing for the arugula.0 Helpful
this was seriously amazing! ended up just doing the patties on a plate with the salad, feta and pesto and kinda mixed up each bite to have some of each - SO good! I also omitted the feta from the actual burger patty...0 Helpful