Summer Bean Salad
with creamy balsamic vinaigrette
This salad pulls together a melange of colorful and healthy ingredients for a hearty but light meal. Covered in a creamy balsamic vinaigrette, you'll have a simple, flavorful salad.
Smarts: Use older eggs for easier to peel hard-boiled eggs.
- Eggs - 4, hard-boiled
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 pint, halved
- English cucumber - 1, sliced or chopped ((Or sub 3 Persian or 1 regular))
- Shallots - 1 bulb, thinly sliced
- Kidney beans (14oz / 397g can) - 1 can, rinsed and drained
- Balsamic vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Sour cream - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Eggs - Place week-old eggs into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Sprinkle in some salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let stand for 11 to 12 minutes. Rinse in cold water and peel when cool enough to touch. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers / Shallots - Prep as directed.
- Kidney beans - Rinse and drain.
- Eggs - Chop.
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together balsamic vinegar, sour cream, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Toss eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots, kidney beans, almonds, and baby spinach with vinaigrette together.
I'll come back and try the full meal someday, but used the dressing for a basic green, kidney, garbanzo bean salad. Added sliced almonds and with the dressing, it was very well received- my toddler loved it :)0 Helpful
Great dressing. SUPER easy to throw together, especially if you keep hard-boiled eggs on hand.0 Helpful
Wow! Great dressing, tons of flavor!0 Helpful
Absolutely delicious!0 Helpful
This is my second favorite dish we've made, and my fiance added it to our next menu also. :)0 Helpful
The flavours were fantastic, but the eggs needed more boiling time.0 Helpful