with corn and peach salsa and roasted asparagus
Smarts: Just a sprinkle of salt and pepper right before cooking makes a difference on fish, so don't forget this easy but important step.
- Asparagus - 1 lb, ends trimmed
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salmon - 1 1/2 lbs, rinsed and dried
- Leftover honey-mustard marinade - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Leftover corn and peach salsa - 2 cups
- Leftover avocado creme - 2/3 cup
- Lightly salt and pepper salmon.
- If making salmon and asparagus on the grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean grates and coat with some oil. Add salmon and asparagus to higher heat part. Sear salmon on each side for ~3 minutes (keeping cover closed). Move to lower heat and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon and your desired doneness) with cover closed. Asparagus will take anywhere between 4 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the spears.
- If making salmon and asparagus on the stovetop / oven: Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush with some oil. Add salmon to hot grill pan and sear for 3 minutes on both sides. Transfer to oven and cook for another 4 to 8 minutes. Roast asparagus in the oven for 4 to 10 minutes depending on thickness of the spears.
- Enjoy salmon with leftover corn and peach salsa (from last night) and asparagus. Drizzle leftover avocado creme over everything!
Loving that salsa and avocado cream!0 Helpful
Didn't have asparagus so I made a quinoa and spinach mix. The salmon was delicious. My husband didn't like this with the peach salsa and avocado crème but I did!0 Helpful
Wow, SO GOOD! I made a small batch of brown rice to accompany the fish and I also had some ears of corn left over from the salsa yesterday so I roasted that along with the asparagus. The peach salsa went perfectly with the salmon. I will definitely be making this one again. And again.0 Helpful
The flavors were amazing! I love the combination of the fresh peach salsa with the salmon. Might add a bit of jalapeño for some spice next time. Hubs said this is a must keep recipe!0 Helpful
Really easy and delicious. I liked the marinade on the salmon even more than on the chicken.0 Helpful
The honey mustard marinade was divine, and the salmon paired wonderfully with the peach salsa and avocado cream. However, we could not find the asparagus, as it is a *spring* vegetable and not available in our temperate area in the fall. Please keep with the seasons for most regions!0 Helpful