Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread Wraps
with Greek Salad
This is an almost no-cook summer dinner everyone should have in their repertoire (and parents should put it on their back-to-school list). Spread it out as a Mediterranean plate, enjoy as a flatbread wrap, or as a salad. Regardless, it'll come together super quickly.
Smarts: It's so easy to roast your own red peppers (especially in the summer over your grill), but if you're going for ultimate convenience, you can substitute storebought for an even quicker dinner.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Romaine hearts - 1 head, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes - 1/2 pt, halved
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb, chopped
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Oregano - 1/4 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Pita / flatbread / lavash - 4 to 8
- Store-bought hummus - 8 oz
- Rotisserie chicken - If not already done from yesterday, take meat off the bone and shred. Use knife and fork or just hands. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Romaine / Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Heat up flatbreads.
- Whisk together paprika, oregano, Dijon, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss half of it with rotisserie chicken, and the other half with the romaine, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Spread hummus onto flatbread and then fill with rotisserie chicken and salad. Enjoy this easy summer dish!
Incredibly easy, especially since I was lazy and used a bagged salad. The vinaigrette was tasty and simple to whip up. A great option for a rotisserie chicken!0 Helpful
Would give it 5 stars if I could! Need more recipes like this: quick, easy, delicious, with minimal clean up!0 Helpful
Easy to make and very delicious!0 Helpful
Quuuuiiiiiick and delicious. Will absolutely make again!0 Helpful
So fast! Chopped up a big tomato rather than halving cherry tomatoes. Warmed up the chicken before adding the dressing. Yummy! In fact -- I could have eaten it as a salad without the pita at all! Probably didn't need quite so much oil.0 Helpful
Another WINNER!! We got home late, but made this meal in a flash (which was a bonus!) I agree with other reviewers, I thought the vinegar taste was strong when I nibbled the salad. So I added a little salt to it. However, once you placed the salad on the hummus and pita it was perfection. Thank you!0 Helpful