Rotisserie Chicken Chopped Salad
with adobo honey vinaigrette
This has probably been our most popular entree salad, and we think the vinaigrette is definitely what made it such a loved dish. Feel free to tweak the flavors all you want and make it your own.
Smarts: Leftover adobo sauce can be frozen in small containers or even in ice cube trays so you can just pop out what you need for future uses.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Homemade adobo honey vinaigrette - 1/2 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Green onions, green parts - 3 stalks , chopped, white and green parts separated
- Red peppers - 1 , chopped
- Romaine hearts - 2 heads , chopped ((or 1 head of romaine lettuce))
- Avocado - 1 , cubed
- White parts of green onion - 1 1/2 stalks , chopped
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce (usually found with canned chipotle peppers) - 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1/4 cup ((like canola, grapeseed, or avocado))
Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred. Use knife and fork or just hands. If making tomorrow's dinner too, just get it all done in one go. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Place everything but oil into a blender (you can also use the cup that came with your immersion blender). Blend until smooth. Then slowly drizzle in oil while blending. Season to taste with salt and pepper (or more adobo sauce). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Green onions / Red peppers / Romaine lettuce - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Avocado - Cube.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Warm chicken in a microwave or in the oven for 15 minutes at 200F (93C) degrees if you want to serve it warm-ish in the salad. Divide salad ingredients (romaine, peppers, green onions, avocado, and rotisserie chicken) onto plates or bowls. Drizzle with vinaigrette.