Adobo-Honey Chicken Kebabswith cucumber salad and quinoa
These kebabs (chicken or portobello and tofu) are topped with an adobo-honey sauce that's sweet, tangy, and ends with a light kick. Enjoy with a cool salad and some quinoa for a simple, complete meal.
Smarts: Adobo sauce is a smoky sauce common in Latin cooking. Chipotle peppers are typically sold in adobo sauce. Divide and freeze in small portions so you don't waste it.
- Cauliflower - 1/2 head, minced
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken thighs, boneless & skinless - 1 lb
- Homemade adobo-honey sauce - 3 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp ((Ingredients listed separately))
- Skewers - 8 to 16 ((If using flat skewers, you'll just need 1 / kebab))
- Green onions, white parts - 2 stalks
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Red wine vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce (usually found with canned chipotle peppers) - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/2 cup
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb, chopped
- Iceberg lettuce - 1/3 head, sliced
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
This meal has 26 reviews
Love the sauce on both the chicken and the cucumber salad. I have made the cucumber salad again and again it is so tasty :)
No need to do the kebabs, next time I will just grill up the chicken thighs whole.
Chicken in adobo sauce was yummy! Made it with rice and a salad. Very satisfying!
I ended up plating the chicken over the top of the quinoa and drizzling the extra adobo-honey sauce over the top of both in order to give a little more flavor to the quinoa.
Somehow, the chicken tasted even better as leftovers for lunch the next day. I love it when that happens!
WE loved loved loved the adobo sauce. LOVED.