with corn, chard, tomatoes, and butternut squash croutons
Smarts: Anytime you want a quick dinner just combine some onions + stock / broth + tomatoes + beans + frozen / fresh veggies and you have yourself a soup!
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Chard - 2 bunches, leaves torn, stems chopped into 1/2" pieces
- Corn - 3 cobs, kernels of ((Or sub ~1 1/2 cups frozen corn))
- Kidney beans (14oz / 397g can) - 1 can, rinsed and drained ((~2 cups))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Diced tomatoes (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, drained
- Thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock - 3 cups
- Leftover butternut squash - 3 to 4 cups
- Baguette or ciabatta - 1/2 loaf, sliced
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic, onions, and chard stems to heated oil. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add in diced tomatoes with thyme. Cook for another 3 minutes before adding stock, beans, and corn. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in chard leaves. Once leaves wilt, add in butternut squash croutons. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with sliced baguette.
Very good! Used fresh tomatoes instead of canned.0 Helpful
Also added an extra cup of stock. A little bland but can be worked. I think I would use kale or green chard next time as red chard adds a very specific flavor.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this0 Helpful
Yum! I added about another cup of chicken stock in the end.0 Helpful
Loveedddd this soup! Froze half of it for another time.0 Helpful
Delicious! Topped it with some parmesan cheese.0 Helpful