Dijon-Thyme and Lemon Fish Packets
with broccoli and white bean salad
In this recipe, we make a vinaigrette that doubles as a dressing for our fish as well as a simple broccoli and bean salad. Our vegetarians will be enjoying some of these ingredients and more in a simple orzo soup (that we cool down with a few ice cubes). Smarts: As the weather gets hotter, you can steam anything in foil packets, just like we do with this fish.
Dijon-Thyme and Lemon Fish Packets with Broccoli and Bean Salad:
- Tilapia - 4 fillets
- Shallots - 1/2 bulb
- Thyme - 1 tsp , leaves of
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Aluminum foil - 4 sheets , 16" wide
- White beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can , rinsed and drained ((Sub ~2 cups))
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon - 1/2 , wedges
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shallots / Thyme / Broccoli - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Foil - Tear out sheets of foil. (Can be done ahead)
- Beans - Rinse and drain.
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together shallots, thyme leaves, Dijon, soy sauce, sherry vinegar, and olive oil. (Can be done 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat an outdoor grill or your oven up to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Place fish fillet onto one half of each of your aluminum foil sheets. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Pour 2 tsp. (9.85ml) of vinaigrette on each of the fillets. Fold the sheet over and then roll the edges to form a tight seal. This video shows how it’s done with parchment paper, and it’s even easier with foil.
- Place foil packets onto grill. Close and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While packets are grilling, place broccoli in a microwave safe container. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, until tender and crunchy. (If you don’t have a microwave, just cook in a pot of boiling water for about 2 to 2 ½ minutes, drain and run under cold water).
- Toss broccoli with beans and remainder of vinaigrette. Serve fish steaming with lemon wedges and broccoli and bean salad.