Summer Farmer's Salad
with chicken and peaches
Summer is for salads and this is one you'll want to eat all summer long. Whether you're enjoying the carnivorous version with leftover chicken or vegetarian version with corn and asparagus, this is a lot of summer goodness all in one bowl.
Smarts: Add a few slices of basil to all your summer salads for something different.
- Peaches - 2 to 3 ((Sub nectarines, apples, or strawberries))
- Basil - 3 sprigs, chiffonade
- Corn - 3 cobs, kernels of ((Sub ~2 cups microwaved frozen corn))
- Asparagus - 1 lb, trimmed and chopped
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Leftover French vinaigrette - 6 Tbsp ((Should have been made last night))
- Favorite salad greens - 6 oz
- Leftover farro - 1 1/2 cups, cooked
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Goat cheese (opt) - 4 oz
- Heat up a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then asparagus to heated oil. Saute for 4 to 7 minutes (depends on thickness of spears), until tender but still crunchy. Remove from heat. Add in corn towards the last ~2 minutes to heat them up.
- Toss last night’s vinaigrette with greens, peaches, basil, corn, asparagus, leftover farro, and almonds. Top with crumbled goat cheese if desired.
This salad was all over the place. We subbed Beyond Meat chicken as a vegan option, and HeidiHo cashew cheese for goat cheese. We thought the vegetarian version with asparagus was a little odd, so we adapted the original version, but it still turned out pretty odd. The vinaigrette didn't go with the peaches, and the farro turned into a nasty mush.0 Helpful
Our family tries to have lighter meals but something that is filling. This meal was all that and tasty. I did not add the farro to it but like to try it next time with sunflower seeds or even replace the salad greens with a pasta.0 Helpful
This was really good, Im not a salad fan but I would make this again and again. The almonds bring in that needed crunch that is always missing from salads and the goat cheese is a must! its makes it rich and creamy. I used a poppy seed salad dressing instead of the french vinaigrette.0 Helpful
The flavors were perfect!0 Helpful
This dish was amazing! The directions are a little wonky on the veg version (mentions peas but means corn) but I followed it pretty closely. Subbed brown rice for farro, did 1t of dijon vs 2 based on reviews mentioning strong flavor, and added a tsp of bacon fat from the freezer (it lasts forever in there, much like the bacon splatter that keeps on giving months after cooking it) for flavor. I also added some roasted extra-firm tofu for more protein. Absolutely delicious. Seriously, you could put that vinaigrette with basil on styrofoam and I'd eat it! Thanks again for a winner :)0 Helpful
Came together so easy with ingredients from last night and I LOVED the flavors in this salad. Will definitely make this again!0 Helpful