Summer Farmer's Salad
with chicken and peaches
Summer is for salads and this is one you'll want to eat all summer long. Whether you're enjoying the carnivorous version with leftover chicken or vegetarian version with corn and asparagus, this is a lot of summer goodness all in one bowl.
Smarts: Add a few slices of basil to all your summer salads for something different.
- Peaches - 2 to 3 ((Sub nectarines, apples, or strawberries))
- Basil - 3 sprigs , chiffonade
- Leftover chicken - 1 lb , sliced
- Corn - 3 cobs , kernels of ((Sub ~2 cups microwaved frozen corn))
- Leftover French vinaigrette - 6 Tbsp ((Should have been made last night))
- Favorite salad greens - 6 oz
- Leftover farro - 1 1/2 cups , cooked
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Goat cheese (opt) - 4 oz
Toss remainder of last night’s vinaigrette with greens, peaches, basil, leftover chicken, leftover farro, and almonds. Top with crumbled goat cheese if desired.