Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts
with roasted vegetables / couscous
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp , grated
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Miso paste - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Carrots - 12 oz , sliced
- Brussels sprouts - 12 oz , trimmed and halved
- Green onions - 3 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1 cup (sub water)
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Couscous, uncooked - 3/4 cup
Couscous - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine stock, salt, and butter in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous and cover with lid. Let stand for ~5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Green onions / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Make miso-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Whisk ginger, miso, and maple syrup into butter.
Prep miso-maple panko - Mix miso-maple butter (portion for the chicken) with panko.
Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
Toss carrots and Brussels sprouts with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with panko mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes..
Toss roasted vegetables with miso-maple butter (portion for the vegetables) and green onions right out of the oven.
If couscous was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
Serve chicken and vegetables over couscous with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!