Maple-Dijon Panko Crusted Chicken
with lemony broccolini and brown rice
- Chicken breasts - 2, halved
- Parsley - 3 sprigs, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1/2, wedges
- Broccolini - 2 bunches ((Sub 1 1/4 lb. broccoli))
- Water - 1/3 cup
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon - 1/2, juice of
- Brown rice - 1 cup, uncooked
- Chicken breast - Halve.
- Crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, soy sauce, panko, and parsley.
- Broccolini - Trim off ~½” (1.25 cm) from the bottom.
- Brown rice - Double if making tomorrow night’s dinner. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 375F (191C) degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Add chicken and then divide and spoon crust onto chicken. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken reaches 165F (74C) degrees.
- While chicken is baking, heat a saute pan or skillet up over medium-high heat. Add in broccolini and then water. Cook until water has been absorbed and broccolini is tender but still has a crunch, 4 to 6 minutes. Finish with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Enjoy chicken with lemon wedges and broccolini and brown rice on the side.
One of our favorites!0 Helpful
This chicken was amazing. Definitely get the panko.0 Helpful
Tasted like glorified chicken nuggets, but in a good way! Will make again. Finishing off under the broiler for 4 min or so was a must.0 Helpful
The other reviewers are spot on -- once you throw that panko mixture under the broiler, it turns into a dream topping! I'd put it on tons of stuff, proteins and vegetables alike. This meal was not saucy at all, which meant the rice was really boring. I'd throw some spices into it next time so it doesn't seem like lifeless filler.0 Helpful
Quite sweet but very yummy. Broiled for 2 minutes at the end. Added butter & garlic to broccolini. Made recipe for 8 and made a little extra of the panko (about 1.5 the amount recommended) cut chicken into smaller pieces and put about a tbs of crust on each. Used 6 breasts, not 4. Fed a hungry family of 7 with some leftover.0 Helpful
Not my fav. Topping came off and had a weird taste. Bummed0 Helpful