New England-Style Shrimp Rolls
with lettuce / tomatoes / chips
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Parsley, fresh - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Lettuce, butterhead - 1 head , leaves separated
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , sliced
- Butter - 1 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
- Hot dog buns, preferably top-split - 4 (sub any sandwich buns)
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise (opt) - 2 Tbsp , for serving
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Chips, any type - 4 cups , for serving
Heat a large, nonstick skillet with first portion of butter over medium-low heat. When butter melts, add buns and heat until lightly browned and toasted on all sides. Set aside and wipe out the pan.
Return skillet to heat. Add water and second portion of butter. When butter melts, add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp to the pan and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes until opaque and cooked through, turning shrimp occasionally to baste both sides with butter. Sprinkle lemon juice over shrimp and toss with parsley.
Spread buns lightly with mayonnaise (if using). Fill each bun with lettuce, tomatoes, and shrimp and top with hot sauce (if using).
Serve shrimp rolls with lemon wedges and chips on the side. Enjoy!