Green Curried Broccoli Fried Ricewith black beans and corn
We're keeping the green curry theme going this week with some green curry fried rice. You could really use any combo of veggies and proteins, but we're combining black beans, corn, and broccoli. Our paleo friends will be enjoying this with chicken and carrots instead of the beans and corn.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs, chopped
- Cilantro - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Black beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, rinsed and drained ((~2 cups cooked beans))
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Green curry paste - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Leftover cooked rice - 3 cups
- Corn kernels - 1 1/2 cups ((Frozen, canned or fresh))
- Lime - 1/2, juice of
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and then water to wok. Stir-fry until broccoli absorbs all the water and reaches the texture you want - tender but still with a crunch. If the pan ever looks too dry and you’re worried that the broccoli may burn, just add another splash of water. Remove broccoli when done and set aside.
- Return wok to heat. Add oil and then garlic, curry paste, fish sauce, and brown sugar to heated oil. Mix all the goodness together and take a second to enjoy the good smells.
- Add in rice and toss until it’s all coated in the sauce. Fold in beans, corn, and broccoli. Cook until everything is warmed through. Take off heat and finish with cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with any of the flavorings.
This meal has 22 reviews
Doubled the sauce, and added an entire can of light coconut milk, because our green curry is SO SO spicy. It was still too hot for me, but the dish was very good, and my man loved it.
Will also increase the sauce. We didn't use beans as serve it with leftover ham.
Yummy! And so healthy! Didn't have green curry so used leftover red curry paste and increased the sauce mixture. Rather than stirring the sauce into the rice, I stirred the broc, corn and beans into the sauce and then poured the veggie mixture over a bowl of brown rice. Unexpectedly delicious! Next time I'll add bok choy and/or carrots, would be a nice compliment.
Very yummy but I way under did the rice and over did the beans. Will add more vegis I think next time too. Very good flavors though.
Pretty good- will double (or triple) the sauce next time though!
My rice came out to soggy. I may use basmati rice next time for firmness. Any suggestions guys?