[Leftover] Oregano Chicken Shawarma Wraps
Oregano chicken cooked earlier in the week makes these tasty wraps quick and weeknight-friendly. Add a mediterranean spice blend and some fresh tzatziki, and it will feel like a brand new meal! A version of this meal using rotisserie chicken was featured in 2018.
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Grilled Oregano Chicken (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 lb , sliced
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2 , sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz , halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart , sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
Oregano Chicken - (Skip if done ahead on Tuesday.) Slice chicken. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make tzatziki - Dice cucumbers and chop garlic. Combine cucumbers, garlic, mint, and yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add chicken with cumin and paprika. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season with some salt and pepper.
Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, lettuce, feta, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and lettuce that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!