Shrimp and Two-Peas Green Curry Stir-Fry
Shrimp & Two-Peas Green Curry Stir-Fry:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Onions - 1 , chopped or sliced
- Snow peas - 3/4 lb , trimmed
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Shrimp - 1 lb , peeled and deveined
- Green curry paste - 1 Tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Corn starch - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Peas - 1 1/2 cups ((Frozen))
- Lime - 1/2 , juice of
Rice (enough for fried rice leftovers):
- Rice (brown or white) - 2 cups , uncooked
- Garlic / Onions / Snow peas / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost and rinse.
- Rice - This makes enough for tomorrow night’s fried rice. For white rice, rinse until clear. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check white rice after ~20 min; brown at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make stir-fry sauce - Mix together curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, water, and corn starch.
- Heat up a wok over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then shrimp with garlic to heated oil. Toss until pink (~4 minutes) and remove from pan and set aside.
- Return wok to heat and add second part of oil. Add onions with a dash of salt, and saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in snow peas. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the pan, and push all ingredients to the side forming a donut hole in the middle. Give your stir-fry sauce a stir and pour it right into the hole. Wait for sauce to bubble and darken before tossing through to coat all the ingredients.
- Add in peas and cook for another minute to two. Take off heat and finish with cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt, pepper or any other flavorings (curry paste, fish sauce, hot sauce). Enjoy over rice (but remember to save half the rice for tomorrow night’s dinner).