Shrimp and Two-Peas Green Curry Stir-Fry
Green curry paste gives this stir-fry amazing fragrance. We skip the coconut milk for something lighter as we head into warmer weather. Enjoy your two-peas (snow peas and English peas) with shrimp or tofu!
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, chopped or sliced
- Snow peas - 3/4 lb, trimmed
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Shrimp - 1 lb, peeled and deveined
- Green curry paste - 1 Tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Corn starch - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Peas - 1 1/2 cups ((Frozen))
- Lime - 1/2, juice of
- Rice (brown or white) - 2 cups, uncooked
- Garlic / Onions / Snow peas / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost and rinse.
- Rice - This makes enough for tomorrow night’s fried rice. For white rice, rinse until clear. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check white rice after ~20 min; brown at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make stir-fry sauce - Mix together curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, water, and corn starch.
- Heat up a wok over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then shrimp with garlic to heated oil. Toss until pink (~4 minutes) and remove from pan and set aside.
- Return wok to heat and add second part of oil. Add onions with a dash of salt, and saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in snow peas. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the pan, and push all ingredients to the side forming a donut hole in the middle. Give your stir-fry sauce a stir and pour it right into the hole. Wait for sauce to bubble and darken before tossing through to coat all the ingredients.
- Add in peas and cook for another minute to two. Take off heat and finish with cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt, pepper or any other flavorings (curry paste, fish sauce, hot sauce). Enjoy over rice (but remember to save half the rice for tomorrow night’s dinner).
Used red curry paste instead, turned out great.0 Helpful
I really enjoyed this one, but my hubby was overwhelmed by the two peas. He thought the snow peas were too much, but they were my favorite part.0 Helpful
Delicious! The kids even asked for seconds! Hooray! (I left out the frozen peas and cilantro)0 Helpful
We added siracha and a little extra lime. Next time I might double the green curry paste (which says something because I am not normally a curry person, but this one was very subtle), but overall it was very good!0 Helpful
I really liked this one! Very bright flavor. I think I added a bit more lime than called for and a fair amount of salt & pepper at the end. It is really a simple stir fry but what I'm getting most from your recipes is how to make various sauces from scratch so that makes the difference in this stir-fry. I used chicken breast instead of shrimp as we used the shrimp on something else. I also added crimini mushrooms because I love them. Will very likely do this one again (and try with shrimp).0 Helpful
Served with baguette and red chili paste instead of green. Very good.0 Helpful