with tomatoes / carrots / bell peppers / chickpeas
June is pride month, so we are celebrating with this rainbow meal!
Smarts: To keep this meal super easy and no-cook, we're adding the chickpeas to the salad raw, but you could also toss them with some olive oil and spices of choice and saute them in a skillet until golden brown.
- Green onions - 2 Tbsp , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 3/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers, yellow - 1 , chopped
- Cabbage, red - 8 oz , shredded
- Carrots, shredded - 8 oz , shredded (look for pre-shredded to save time)
- Green onions - 4 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Baby spinach - 8 oz
- Blueberries - 1 1/2 cups
Make dressing - (Skip if made ahead for Monday.) Combine green onions (portion for dressing), cilantro, yogurt, vinegar, oil, garlic powder, and salt and blend until smooth using a standing blender, food processor, or immersion blender. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Bell Peppers / Cabbage / Carrots - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done 5 days ahead)
Green onions (portion for salad) / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Chickpeas - Drain and rinse.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Check the dressing. If it is too thick to easily pour, whisk in some more vinegar a bit at a time. If the vinegar makes it too tart, you can whisk in some honey to balance it out.
Arrange the salads with a base of spinach and top them with the bell peppers, cabbage, carrots, green onions, tomatoes, chickpeas, and blueberries. You can mix everything together or arrange them in the shape of a rainbow. Add dressing at the table and enjoy!