Indian Curried Vegetables
with ground turkey / raisins
Toasted spices, colorful vegetables, and sweet raisins make this a unique, flavorful Indian-inspired stir-fry. We last featured this meal in 2017.
Smarts: Like most stir-fry recipes, this one is highly adaptable. Use the veggies listed or substitute any others you have in the fridge.
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Turmeric, ground (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Carrots - 1/2 lb , sliced
- Onions, medium - 1/2 , chopped
- Ginger, fresh - 1/2 tsp , grated
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp , leaves torn
- Peas, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Cauliflower florets, frozen - 12 oz
- Okra, frozen - 1 1/2 cup (sub chopped green beans)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Turkey, ground - 1 lb (dark meat preferred)
- Indian spice mix (ingredients listed separately) - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Raisins, golden - 1/3 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Hot sauce - for serving
Make Indian spice mix - Combine curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, salt, chili powder, and cumin. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Limes / Cilantro - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Peas / Cauliflower / Okra -Defrost briefly in the microwave.
Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then turkey to heated oil. Saute until turkey is nearly all cooked. Add half the spice mix and continue to saute until spices are fragrant and turkey is cooked through. Set turkey aside and return wok to heat.
Add second part of cooking oil and then carrots and onions. Saute until onions are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ginger and remaining half of spice mix and saute for 1 minute more. Add peas, cauliflower, okra, and aminos and continue cooking until vegetables are heated through and all ingredients are combined.
Stir turkey and raisins into vegetables. Squeeze juice from a few lime wedges over top and set aside, covered to keep warm.
Heat third part of cooking oil in a nonstick pan. Crack eggs into oil and fry to desired doneness (cook on one side for sunny-side up, or flip and cook on both sides). Season with some salt and pepper.
Divide stir-fry between serving plates and top with fried eggs. Serve with cilantro on top, extra lime wedges on the side, and hot sauce, if you'd like. Enjoy!