Early Summer Charcuterie Board
with brie / strawberries / snap peas / radishes
The inspiration for this charcuterie board comes from the French practice of spreading radishes with butter and salt. This combination tones down the spiciness of the radishes. It's great on its own, excellent served over gluten-free crackers, and works well with the other seasonal flavors listed below. Feel free to add your other favorite board meal additions!
- Green onions - 2 Tbsp , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 3/4 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar snap peas - 10 oz
- Radishes - 12 , halved or quartered if large
- Strawberries - 2 cups
- Cheese, brie - 6 oz
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp (a large grain salt like Maldon works particularly well)
- Crackers, gluten-free (opt) - for serving
- Pistachios, shelled or unshelled - 1/2 cup
- Salami - 3 oz , sliced
- Prosciutto - 3 oz , thinly sliced
Make dressing - (Double if making Thursday’s meal.) Combine green onions, cilantro, yogurt, vinegar, oil, garlic powder, and salt (portion for dressing). Blend until smooth using a standing blender, food processor, or immersion blender. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead
Sugar snap peas - Soak in cold water for about 20 minutes. This will help to brighten them up and give them some extra crunch.
Radishes / Strawberries - Prep as directed.
Set out a large platter, cutting board, or rimmed sheet pan.
Place the brie in the center of the board.
Soften the butter in the microwave until it’s easy to spread (10 seconds should do it). Transfer it to a small bowl. Place the salt (portion for board) in a small bowl. Set these together on your board.
Arrange all of the other ingredients around the cheese and butter, adding small spoons or knives if needed for serving.
Set out your charcuterie board and enjoy!