Mashed Edamame and Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich
with sweet potato fries
We're adding shelled and mashed edamame to classic avocado toast to give it some protein and added flavor.
Smarts: Just like any avocado toast, feel free to make this one your own with fresh herbs, sauces, a fried egg...the sky is the limit!
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp , finely chopped
- Edamame - 1 cup , shelled
- Avocados - 2 , mashed
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , thinly sliced
- Bread, preferably a bakery-style whole grain - 8 slices
- Everything Bagel Seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes or hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Sweet potato fries, frozen - 1 lb
- Dipping sauce, like ketchup (opt) - for serving
Cilantro / Edamame - (If prepping right before cooking, get the oven heating and the sweet potato fries cooking before continuing.) Prep as directed.
Make edamame-avocado mash - Using a potato masher, fork, or pastry blender, mash together the edamame, cilantro, avocado, salt, and lemon juice until mostly even and blended (it’s okay if some small pieces remain). Season with some salt and pepper.
Tomatoes - Thinly slice.
Heat oven and cook sweet potato fries according to package directions.
Just before serving, toast bread.
Place two slices of bread on each serving plate and spread with mashed edamame-avocado. Top with tomato slices and Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Serve open-faced sandwiches with sweet potato fries and dipping sauce on the side. Top sandwiches with red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you’d like some spice.