Cajun White Bean and Zucchini Saute
- Zucchini - 1 lb , chopped
- Bell peppers, any color - 2 , chopped (sub baby sweet peppers)
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Beans, any white (15 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Parsley (opt) - 2 Tbsp , leaves torn
- Water - 3 1/2 cups
- Cracked freekeh - 1 1/2 cups
Cook freekeh (this makes enough for 2 nights) - In a saucepan bring the water to a simmer. Add the freekeh and then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the freekeh is tender and has absorbed all of the liquids, 15 to 20 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Lemons - Slice into wedges.
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then the zucchini and bell peppers. Saute until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
When the vegetables are tender, add the Cajun seasoning and beans. Cook until the beans are heated through, about 2 minutes more.
If the freekeh was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve 3/4 cup / 177 ml for Wednesday; for 4 servings, adjust if customizing).
Serve the saute over the freekeh with yogurt and parsley on top. Squeeze lemon wedges over everything.