with paprika vinaigrette
Leftover turkey helps this salad come together really quickly. Our vegetarians will be using mushrooms and black beans. Tossed in a yogurt-based paprika vinaigrette, you'll have a salad coated with delicious goodness!
- Quinoa - 2/3 cup , uncooked ((Or sub 2 cups uncooked. Skip for lower cal option))
- Olives - 2 oz , sliced
- Tomatoes - 3 , chopped ((If using roma, use 4))
- Avocados - 2 , medium-sized cubed
- Romaine lettuce - 2/3 lb , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Plain yogurt - 3 Tbsp
- Leftover taco filling - 1 1/4 lb
Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if your prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make dressing - Mix garlic, paprika, Dijon, vinegar, honey, oil, and yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Lightly reheat leftover turkey taco filling from Tuesday if desired.
All ingredients (quinoa, olives, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, and turkey) can be dressed and mixed in a big bowl, or you can also divide salad ingredients into serving portions and have everyone dress their own salad bowl.