Taco Saladwith paprika vinaigrette
Leftover turkey helps this salad come together really quickly. Our vegetarians will be using mushrooms and black beans. Tossed in a yogurt-based paprika vinaigrette, you'll have a salad coated with delicious goodness!
- Quinoa - 2/3 cup, uncooked ((Or sub 2 cups uncooked. Skip for lower cal option))
- Olives - 2 oz, sliced
- Tomatoes - 3, chopped ((If using roma, use 4))
- Avocados - 2, medium-sized cubed
- Romaine lettuce - 2/3 lb, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Plain yogurt - 3 Tbsp
- Leftover taco filling - 1 1/4 lb
- Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if your prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Olives / Tomatoes / Avocados / Romaine lettuce / Garlic / Cilantro - Prep as directed.
- Make dressing - Mix garlic, paprika, Dijon, vinegar, honey, oil, and yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lightly reheat leftover turkey taco filling from Tuesday if desired.
- All ingredients (quinoa, olives, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, and turkey) can be dressed and mixed in a big bowl, or you can also divide salad ingredients into serving portions and have everyone dress their own salad bowl.
This meal has 26 reviews
Dressing was amazing! I totally forgot the olives (ugh!) but it was fabulous just the same. This will get heavy rotation this summer for sure.
Left out quinoa. Dressing was fantastic!
Loved the green olives in this dish!
The dressing made this salad! Super garlicky and delish. We forgot the avocados, which I'm sure would have made it even better. What a great way to transform leftover taco meat.
Just awesome and very filling. A new favorite!
Really good! Very satisfying combination of flavors.