with paprika vinaigrette
Leftover turkey helps this salad come together really quickly. Our vegetarians will be using mushrooms and black beans. Tossed in a yogurt-based paprika vinaigrette, you'll have a salad coated with delicious goodness!
- Quinoa - 2/3 cup , uncooked ((Or sub 2 cups uncooked. Skip for lower cal option))
- Olives - 2 oz , sliced
- Tomatoes - 3 , chopped ((If using roma, use 4))
- Avocados - 2 , medium-sized cubed
- Romaine lettuce - 2/3 lb , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Plain yogurt - 3 Tbsp
- Leftover taco filling - 1 1/4 lb
Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if your prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Olives / Tomatoes / Avocados / Romaine lettuce / Garlic / Cilantro - Prep as directed.
Make dressing - Mix garlic, paprika, Dijon, vinegar, honey, oil, and yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Lightly reheat leftover turkey taco filling from Tuesday if desired.
All ingredients (quinoa, olives, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, and turkey) can be dressed and mixed in a big bowl, or you can also divide salad ingredients into serving portions and have everyone dress their own salad bowl.