Eggplant and Zucchini Saute
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, chopped
- Eggplant - 1 lb, chopped ((Any variety can work))
- Zucchini - 4, chopped
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, rinsed and drained ((~2 cups))
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Couscous - 1 cup, uncooked ((Sub 2 cups cooked))
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Capers - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Crushed tomatoes - 2 cups
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- If not already done from Monday, prepare couscous by combining butter and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Stir in couscous and some salt. Cover and let sit for 8 to 10 minutes until couscous has absorbed all the liquid. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in oil and then garlic and onions. Saute for ~3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add in eggplant and zucchini with a dash of salt, capers, and crushed tomatoes. Saute until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, paprika, and oregano. Turn off heat and finish with lemon juice. If you want the veggie saute to be creamier, you can add a dollop of yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy over couscous.
This was very bland. Not that great.0 Helpful
As a caper lover, I would double the capers next time...they were a highlight.0 Helpful
Had this with some of the left over chicken. Super yummy!0 Helpful
This was really bland & definitely NOT popular with the rest of my family, either.0 Helpful
I added salsa and black olives to the dish. Great!0 Helpful