Drunken Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
and broccolini / mushrooms
- Broccolini - 1 bunch , finely chopped
- Mushrooms, any brown - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Zucchini - 12 oz , spiralized, sliced into strips, or cubed
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Eggs - 2 , whisked
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Ginger (opt) - 2 tsp , grated
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Arrowroot powder - 1 tsp
Broccolini - Chop broccolini. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make sauce - Chop garlic. Grate ginger. Combine garlic, ginger, aminos, first portion of water, honey, vinegar, and hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Mushrooms - Slice mushrooms. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Chicken - Chop chicken. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
Eggs - Whisk eggs.
Make slurry - Combine second portion of water and arrowroot powder.
Heat a wok with first part of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until chicken is nearly cooked through. Move chicken to one side of the pan and pour eggs into the other side. Scramble eggs until just set. Set chicken and eggs aside and return wok to heat.
Add second part of oil and then broccolini and mushrooms to heated wok. If using cubed zucchini add it at the same time (if using zucchini noodles, wait to add them). Saute until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour sauce into wok, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring sauce to a simmer.
Give arrowroot slurry a stir and add it to sauce. If using zucchini noodles, add them at the same time. Simmer until sauce starts to thicken slightly, ~1 minute.
Add chicken and eggs back to pan and toss everything to combine.
Serve zucchini noodles with cilantro on top and some extra hot sauce on the side. Enjoy!