Leftover Salmon Spinach Saladwith quinoa and tomatoes
This dinner will come together in a flash since we're using our leftover salmon (or lentils for our vegetarians) from Monday. While this is a simple, lazy meal, its colors and tangy dressing make it feel and taste like something special (and no one needs to know how easy it was!).
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp, diced
- Roma tomatoes - 4, diced
- Quinoa - 2/3 cups, uncooked ((Sub 2 cups of cooked quinoa))
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Leftover cooked salmon - 1 lb
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Shallots - Dice. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Dice.
- Quinoa - If not made from Monday, combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Whisk together shallots, Dijon, vinegar, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. If it’s too tart, you can add a bit of your preferred sweetener.
- If you want your salmon warmed up, you can do so in the microwave (look for that reheat button) or in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss together salmon, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, and quinoa. Dress with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
This meal has 5 reviews
I did not make the quinoa because my husband does not like it, but I didn't miss it. Loved the dressing. Added a bit of mozzarella cheese I happened to have and some glazed pecans. Also added a bit of balsamic vinegar to dressing. Pretty looking salad with the pink of the salmon, red tomatoes and green spinach. We loved it!
love this - came together really fast - great weeknight meal (and 2/3 of the kids loved it - the other is still learning to like leafy greens)!
Wish I had added some feta.
A little bland, but will be good in lunches for the next few days (Made a lot!)
A bit bland and honestly a bit underwhelming, not my favorite.