Tofu Mushroom Scramblewith spinach and fruit salad
When we combine tofu with a bit of yellow-colored turmeric, no one will even know that you're eating tofu instead of eggs. Packed with veggies and enjoyed with a side of fruit, this is one of those meals you can make a bunch of different ways but always feel good about eating. Our paleo version uses eggs instead of tofu.
- Bacon - 8 slices, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb, quartered
- Green peppers - 1 , diced
- Red peppers - 1, diced
- Roma tomatoes - 2, diced
- Strawberries - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Oranges - 2, segmented
- Eggs - 6
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Limes - 1/2, juice of
- Whisk eggs.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and saute until browned and crispy on the edges. Remove and set aside leaving just a bit of fat in the pan.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add garlic and onions with a sprinkle of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in mushrooms, peppers, cumin, and coriander. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and tender.
- Pour in eggs and lightly scramble. Add in spinach when eggs are mostly cooked through. Mix until spinach is wilted.
- Turn off heat and add in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with bacon and chopped tomatoes and enjoy with fruit.
The taste is a little bland. Good ingredients but can easily be watery if the tofu isn't given enough time to drain. Salt and pepper was a must fit this recipe.0 Helpful
surprisingly good.0 Helpful
I think the canned black beans I got were way to hard.0 Helpful
Made with a can of spicy tomatoes. Really good!0 Helpful
LA bomba! That means the bomb, yo.0 Helpful
I liked this a lot, however I did add hot sauce to it, due to it being a little bland for my husband and I. I might add curry the next time I make it to see if it spices it up a little.0 Helpful