Tofu Mushroom Scramblewith spinach and fruit salad
When we combine tofu with a bit of yellow-colored turmeric, no one will even know that you're eating tofu instead of eggs. Packed with veggies and enjoyed with a side of fruit, this is one of those meals you can make a bunch of different ways but always feel good about eating. Our paleo version uses eggs instead of tofu.
- Bacon - 8 slices, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb, quartered
- Green peppers - 1 , diced
- Red peppers - 1, diced
- Roma tomatoes - 2, diced
- Strawberries - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Oranges - 2, segmented
- Eggs - 6
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Limes - 1/2, juice of
- Whisk eggs.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and saute until browned and crispy on the edges. Remove and set aside leaving just a bit of fat in the pan.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add garlic and onions with a sprinkle of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in mushrooms, peppers, cumin, and coriander. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and tender.
- Pour in eggs and lightly scramble. Add in spinach when eggs are mostly cooked through. Mix until spinach is wilted.
- Turn off heat and add in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with bacon and chopped tomatoes and enjoy with fruit.
This meal has 14 reviews
The taste is a little bland. Good ingredients but can easily be watery if the tofu isn't given enough time to drain. Salt and pepper was a must fit this recipe.
I think the canned black beans I got were way to hard.
Made with a can of spicy tomatoes. Really good!
LA bomba! That means the bomb, yo.
I liked this a lot, however I did add hot sauce to it, due to it being a little bland for my husband and I. I might add curry the next time I make it to see if it spices it up a little.